Beauty is found in the genuine.

Beauty is found in the genuine.


follow by email text

would you like to receive my blog's updates by email? just submit your email address below!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Madison

Two and a half years ago, I stared out a hospital window for three hours while directly behind me, my sister-in-law fought bravely to bring my gorgeous, healthy nephew into the world.  It was one of the best days of my life!  A few days ago, I sat in that same hospital and watched my brother- and sister-in-law go to battle again, and this time, we got a beautiful baby girl!  I am so, so honored to have been able to be present for both kiddos' births, and to carry the responsibility of documenting their first few moments in the world.  I'm not sure I've ever been paid a higher compliment.

Everyone, please welcome Madison!  She was such a trooper in those first few minutes.  The nurses and doctors would mess with her a little bit, and she'd give them a look and scream as loud as her little lungs would allow, but as soon as they left her alone, she'd fall asleep!  Then they would mess with her again, and out would come the cries and screams, and then, poof!  Sleep.  Incredibly precious.

















xoxo Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment