Beauty is found in the genuine.

Beauty is found in the genuine.


follow by email text

would you like to receive my blog's updates by email? just submit your email address below!

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Three things

This weekend I learned three things:

1. My mom (and dad) are saints. I had the opportunity to fill in for mom at home for about 24 hours, from Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon. I love, love, love my brothers and sisters. They are hilarious and fairly self-reliant and great Friday night football troopers. That being said, my parents are saints.  If you know them, you know I'm right.

2. I don't know what I want.  Jeff and I were able to make it to the costume/pumpkin carving/all-around Halloween party a few friends throw every year around this time.  Every time we get to see his friends from home, I end up wishing that we lived much closer so we could be everyday friends, not just now and then friends. But I am so grateful to live so near my parents in this stage of their lives. And we LOVE our school. And I have a few friends in other cities I want to live nearer to as well. Arghrghgghh.

3. I miss established relationships with students.  I spent three fabulous years in a top-notch school filled with dedicated professionals and ridiculous and wonderful students, and I worked hard to get to know as many of those kiddos as I could. I love my new school and think it is absolutely outstanding. Simultaneously, I am tired and very ready to reach the stage of established, trusting relationships with my new kiddos. Earning trust is a taxing job.

xoxo Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment