Beauty is found in the genuine.

Beauty is found in the genuine.


follow by email text

would you like to receive my blog's updates by email? just submit your email address below!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A look at the undeniable

You can quit holding onto your seats now.  Here's a little of what I was teasing about yesterday when I did my "year in review" post.

So, for any of you who aren't familiar with blogger (Google's blogging option, and my poison of choice), there's all sorts of cool (and hazardous) information on the backside.  For instance, I can log into my account and see how many views I have from what countries on a daily, weekly, monthly, and all-time basis.  I don't see names or anything...obviously...so don't worry, there's no big spy ring headquartered in my den.  But, it is fun to see that after the United States, my blog seems to have had the most views in the Ukraine.  Shout out?  Honored to have you here, people (Third, fourth, and fifth place go to China, Russia, and Canada, respectively.  If you were wondering.).

Anyways, I haven't found a way to use that information to my advantage yet, but there are other categories which are more applicable to my business.  For instance, I can track what time of day tends to yield the most views, what search terms lead people to my blog, etc.  That's helpful.

Most intriguing to me right now, however, is a little box titled "Posts."  Here, I find out how many times each post I've written has been clicked on specifically.  If someone is just looking at my blog, scrolling down from post to post, that won't register here.  But, if someone follows a link directly to a specific post, and then has to click "next" to navigate to the next post, DING DING DING, that sure as heck registers.

My top post is from 2011.  It was a fitness model shoot.  Popular lady.  :)  I don't have much "figuring" to do about that one.

The other top entries were all from 2013.  My "second place" post puzzles me a little.  It's this one.  Weird.  I don't get it.  Anyhow, third place goes to the post where I introduced our new house, and fourth to the journaling I did regarding the Best Day Ever--the day my parents finalized their adoption of my four youngest siblings.  Fifth is a pregnancy-related post.

So, ONE out of my top five posts has something to do with photography.  And I'm not a fitness model photographer--that was a one or two time gig that I thoroughly enjoyed, but I never pursued anything more (to be fair, the fitness model industry didn't pursue me either ;).  The others have been extremely personal, and sometimes vulnerable, journal-type entries.  I have a feeling I have some big thoughts to consider.  Just not sure what those are yet.

Edit:  My sister says that this reads like I'm quitting my photography business.  That is not the case.  Just FYI.  :)

xoxo Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment