Beauty is found in the genuine.

Beauty is found in the genuine.


follow by email text

would you like to receive my blog's updates by email? just submit your email address below!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Personal: Poetry

A the risk of sounding really corny/angsty/nostalgic/like some of my dear and very loved students, I open this post like so:

I went to a poetry workshop today, and I was reminded of an important part of myself that has been ignored.

Ahhh, can you feel the teenage glow bursting off that line?!  I can!!  Haha...but it's for real!  Teacher are required to get 2039482 hours of inservice every year (give or take) (by the way, my web browser doesn't recognize that "inservice" is a word.  That should mean something), and usually about 2039481 of those hours aren't a lot of fun. I can count on the technology department at GHS to come up with great/applicable material, but other than that...usually it's a little depressing.  Or a lot.  Can I get an AMEN from the teachers out there?!

But today--today was good.  Kay Shurtleff was our presenter, and she was a trip.  Talk about a gifted teacher.  Anyhow, we talked all about poetry, and personally went through a lot of her starters, tools, exercises, etc. together.  And I remembered that I love to write.  And think.  And writeandthink.

So be looking for more of that, hopefully.  TV sucks, I'm going to cut out about 80% of that from now on.   Brain-thinking rulz.


xoxo Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment