Beauty is found in the genuine.

Beauty is found in the genuine.


follow by email text

would you like to receive my blog's updates by email? just submit your email address below!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

You Don't Have to Be Pretty


You Don't Have to Be Pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female".   


I stumbled upon this quote, photograph, and link while pursuing one of my favorite blogs, and I love love love.  I highly suggest you click the link and finish the brief essay.  If you don't, however, please know that I both enjoy beauty and crave Beauty.  But really...just click and read.  It's short, and it's pretty itself.


* image of Diana Vreeland by Andy Warhol, 1980
* all this was via Peonies and Polaroids


xoxo Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment