Beauty is found in the genuine.

Beauty is found in the genuine.


follow by email text

would you like to receive my blog's updates by email? just submit your email address below!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas from the Egger Family!

Like everyone, I'm sure, we've had a year for the books.  From elation to heartbreak, we seemed to have hit it all.  Here are a few moments to remember from our 2011, in no particular order:



BE Photography:  BE was born this year!  I've been overwhelmed with how much responsibility it's demanded of me, on top of teaching, but my friends and family (and clients who have become great friends!) have made this side job such a joy.  Thank you to everyone!  I will do my very best to post a year-in-review for BE before the new year.

-----------

This is a photo I got from my cousin Lindsey's facebook.  I'm thinking it was taken in about 1995.

Lisa:  A two-year journey changed its course significantly last spring when my dad's cousin Lisa passed away.  She'd been sick for a while, and I cannot fathom the number of prayers we prayed for her healing.  We have a big family and she had so many friends, and we all begged for God to let us keep her--but, for reasons I'll never understand on this earth, He decided to take her home.  I praise God for her comfort and heavenly healing, though we all miss her so much--especially her daughters.  I think about them just about every day.

-------------



Melissa High School:  Jeff was blessed to be an assistant for the varsity boy's basketball team, which made it all the way to Austin for the STATE TOURNAMENT!  Are you kidding me?!  They didn't make it quite to the top, but it was an incredible season and an incredible experience nonetheless.  Follow that up with a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in football this fall!!  Seriously!!  People keep telling me, "It's all downhill from here!"  ...thanks, folks.


-------------

(I don't have a digital picture of this wonderful man)

Wayne:  My grandmother's beloved husband died in the early part of the summer.  He had not been sick for long, and we were all so sad to lose him.  They married when they were in their early 80's, and she loved--and loves--him so much.  He was a wonderful addition to our family and treated us all as if we were his own.



-------------


Weddings:  Jeff was in 43 weddings this summer.  Just kidding--just three, and then one more in January (MY BROTHER'S, WOOHOO!).  We have had so much fun watching our lovely, wonderful, dear dear friends marry each other.  Go love!


-------------



First anniversary:   We are blown away with the amount of support and love we've received over the past year and a half.  Thank you, everyone.  We're thrilled to celebrate six years together tomorrow, and I love this man with my whole heart!


--------------


New pup:  Nolan got a little sister a few months ago!  We go back and forth on whether or not we think she's a good girl, but we know she's a cutie!!

--------------

There's more--much more--but I will save some of it for future ramblings.  All in all, 2011 has been a year to remember, for its joy and its struggles.  It's been one of the most important years of my life.  Here's to 2012!!





xoxo Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment