Beauty is found in the genuine.

Beauty is found in the genuine.


follow by email text

would you like to receive my blog's updates by email? just submit your email address below!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Caysi | Artist

Here we go, here we go!

Caysi Sutton is my sister's best friend, and has been a sister to me for as long as I can remember.  She's always been beautiful, mature, and very much artistically inclined!  She graduated from high school in 2008 and has been on the journey of a lifetime ever since--and the adventure goes on!

In the fall of 2008, she enrolled as a student at Dallas Baptist University.  She was a cheerleader, and she was going to become a teacher.  Perfect, right?  Definitely.  Until it wasn't perfect anymore--and she knew that God was asking her to change her trajectory.  So she eventually packed her bags and headed back home--where she found the perfect plan.  Cosmetology school!!  Seriously.  Perfect.  Her gifts would be exercised perfectly.  Love of people, love of beauty, love of art, desire to see God's love spread.

She worked as hard as she could to get through school as quickly as she could, pulling 10 hour days and losing huge amounts of sleep.  She balanced all this out by helping take care of her sweet niece, helping her family during inevitable times of trouble, and...thinking.  A lot.  And wondering if what she was heading toward was truly God's plan for her.

And the jury's still out.  She graduated in August and has been patiently exploring her options and waiting on the Lord.  The beauty of her journey is an inspiration to me, and I love that she so willingly shares it.

But, why the photos?

Whether or not cosmetology is a major factor in Caysi's future, the fact that her training and talent are outstanding is unavoidable.  I asked if I could come snoop and document a typical "session," and Caysi and her sister-in-law were obliged to have me join them.  Watch and enjoy, and tell me that styling and loving on women isn't somehow in Caysi's future.




Okay, on a side note--I never look that pretty when my hair's wet and I'm wearing a cape-smock-thing.  Erica, you're gorgeous!


I don't know about you, but I definitely pay attention to the way my stylists' hair is styled.  Oolala, Caysi-girl!


This was some sort of foamy stuff Caysi put into Erica's roots to help give lift + body.  Nifty, right?


By the way, all this is happening in a small room off of Caysi's parent's kitchen.  Talk about generous people.  Caysi comes by it honestly.


Again.  Erica.  Wow.



I was kinda hoping Caysi was going to leave Erica with a Shirley Temple-style do, but alas...she did comb it out eventually.  :)


Lookit that beautiful curl!


I need bang-lessons from this girl.  I never do mine right!


A little tease...


A lot of spray...


A sister's smile...


...and BOOM!  A beautiful style.



I had to twist her arm, but here are a few fun headshots of the artist herself.


Haha...sorry Cays, I couldn't resist!


But for real:  gorgeous.


So, that's that.  God-given talent, God-lead journey, and a lot of mystery.

See, life doesn't have to be spelled out perfectly to be beautiful.

xoxo Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment