Beauty is found in the genuine.

Beauty is found in the genuine.


follow by email text

would you like to receive my blog's updates by email? just submit your email address below!

Friday, December 14, 2012

I don't have time for this

Like really, I don't.  I have somewhere between 200-300 pages of student writing to grade (HOW DID I DO THAT TO MYSELF) and 700-800 images to process when I get home, and students to give the stink eye to all day (it's reading day.  They get to read all class period.  YOU'RE WELCOME, KIDS.  Seriously.  Best day ever.).  But I have to say this.

The LORD is faithful.

I had the most terrible day, professionally, on Monday.  I completely broke down and lost it.  Not in front of kids, but I'm not sure that really matters.  Anyways.  I terrified myself by how broken I felt.

I learned a few things out of this week:

1) I have the unquestionable blessing of having Godly administration who build me up both professionally and spiritually.

2) I DO NOT HAVE TO BE STRONG EVERY DAY.  Or any day.  Because I do not have enough.  Ever.  Period.

3) The Lord is my strength, and the second, the SECOND I give myself and my students to Him, I can feel his laughter and amusement at my selfish, self-destructive pride.  And He gives me peace.

It has been the most terribly awful wonderful eye-opening perfect week.

Bonus:  Jenny graduates in 24 hours.  That girl will move mountains.

k love you bye.

xoxo Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment